Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LOST 6.16:What They Died For"

S-blah-P-blah-O-blah-I-blah-L-blah-E-blah-R blah A-blah-L-blah-E-blah-R-blah-T.




"I lived here 30 years before you did, also known as last week."- MILES!!!

  Wow. I guess I should have seen Ben's regression coming,and I kinda did, as soon as he met up Widmore, but it still was a bit shocking.

  I don't know that I'm in a mood to just recount the episode, so I think I'll try and free from it a little bit today.

 First- I think at some point in the season Finale, someone(presumably Ben, if the protection from Smokey that Jacob enjoyed transfers to Jack) will hold a knife to Jack's throat...That's why I think he keeps seeing a cut on his neck in the Alternate Reality.

 Why does A/R Locke need to let go? What does he need to let go of? I presume he is the one holding the A/R together...But why?

  Loved the scene with Alex and Ben and Danielle in the A/R. Emerson played that so well, you could just see the confusion of the Island memories and his current reality swirling in his head.And it seemed like he was sad, but didn't really know why.

 Very interesting to see Desmond manipulating all these pieces in the A/R. Everything is going to coincide at the "Concert". Where do you think Hurley and Sayid are going? To see Juliet?

   It was very interesting to see the rage build in Ben as first Widmore showed up, and THEN said that Jacob INVITED him to the Island.It was like haymaker after haymaker being landed on him, all after the initial blow of passing Alex' grave.You could just tell he was gonna snap, and when he did...Oh Man. "He doesn't get to save his daughter." Yikes!!

  Do you think Widmore whispered the truth to Smokey? all that Smokey said was what we heard Widmore say, he didn't add anything from what Widmore whispered.

  Do you think Ben will help Smokey destroy the Island? I don't see him aiding in that endeavor.

  Didn't you know that Richard was dead as soon as he walked outside? i was thinking, "Richard! He doesn't need you to join him anymore!! A lot has happened on your walk to the Dharma barracks!" But he ddin't hear me, and he got "Smoked".

  So, now Ben is with Smokey, and they are going to use Desmond to destroy the Island-I still don't think Ben will help Smokey do that, but we'll see.

   Now, to our Final Four: It was nice to see Jack trying to ease Sawyer's burden about the bomb.
  And it was interesting to see Kate and Jack agree that they need to kill Locke...As if they were still holding out hope there may have been some other way.

  Jacob finally has a sit down with the candidates. We find out quite a bit in this conversation. Kate was crossed off of the list because she became a mother, but the job was still hers if she wants it.

  He tells them taht he brought them to the Island because he needed one of them to take over  protecting the heart of the Island from Smokey, whom he admits he created, a "mistake".
  "I didn't pluck any of you out of a happy existence. You were like me.Alone."

  "You want us to kill him"
  "I hope so, because he most certainly wants to kill you."(or will try to kill you, i didn't write that quote down.)
  Jacob wanted them to have the one thing he never had: A choice. And if they choose not to choose, "This will all end very badly."

  jack stepped up, "This is what I'm here for."
  "Is that a question, Jack?"
  "No."
  "Good."


Jacob takes Jack to the stream,and he has the same ceremony that he had with his Mother. Jack asks how long he will have to do the job, and Jacob tells him "as long as you can."
  Jack is now like Jacob.
  Sawyer gets in one last dig.

  Coupla questions(or maybe just one)- Why do you think Miles is still alive? Comic relief? or do you think one of the dead bodies on the Island is going to have an important piece of info for him? I'm leaning towards the latter...Jack's Dad maybe ? Or maybe Smokey and Jacob's fake mom?



  Okay, that's what I got...What did I miss ? What do y'all think?

No comments: