Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST 6.17 &6.18- "THE END"

Sperler alert!


And a word of warning, this discussion is a little bit random and scattered...Sorry about that.

 Wow.... What a payoff.
   I don't know about anybody else, but I was certainly not disappointed. As much as it was fun to speculate about the questions being answered, I knew they would never answer "all" of them. I am satisfied with how they needed it, though. it came back to the characters, and that's what the show had always been about(for me, anyway).
    I thought the opening montage contrasting the "sideways" world and the Island world was pretty well done.
 Some really great moments in this one.
  It was great to see Rose & Bernard(and Vincent) again. I loved how Rose very delicately told Desmond that he had to leave because they "didn't get involved", but when Flocke threatened to kill them if Desmond didn't go with him, Rose said"You don't have to go anywhere with him." Rose has always been one of my favorite characters on this show, and that was such a perfect moment for her.
   I liked Jack saying that he took the job as Island protector because the Island was "the only thing in my life that I didn't ruin."
  I also liked Jack defending Locke in the cave "You're not John Locke. You disrespect him by wearing his face, but you're nothing like him."
  LOVED the mountain fight!!
  "I want you to know. jack. You died for nothing."
  And then Kate, :"I saved you a bullet." Flocke is DEAD.
  Jack:"I'm fine. Just find me some thread and I can count to five."

  Ben and Hurley decided to stay with Jack.Jack tells Hurley that he will have to take the job now, that Jack was just meant to stop Flocke.He passes the "torch" to Hurley. Desmond is still alive in the cave, jack saves him, and puts teh cork back in the Island. the water and the light return.
  Lapidus gets Miles, Richard, Claire, Kate and Sawyer off the Island.

  Ben tells Hurley that he should run the Island however he wants to, perhaps beginning with letting Desmond leave.Hurley asks for Ben's help in guarding the Island, Ben accepts, and says he'd be honored.

   In the "sideways" world, a lot was going on. I gotta say, this was really moving for me.I found myself tearing up quite a few times. Desmond's plan starts to come together.
  Is starts when Sun and Jin remember when they are looking at the ultrasound. Sniff,sob.
 then Boone & Hurley reunite Sayid and Shannon. Sniff sob.
 Aaron's delivery triggered Claire, Charlie and Kate. Sniff, sob, sniff.
 Locke is triggered by moving his toes. Sniff,sob. He tells Jack, I hope somebody does for you what you just did for me."
  LOVED Jin and Sun's interaction with Sawyer.
  Sawyer..Excuse me, JAMES and Juliet. Sniff, sob, wail. This one was sooooo good.
  "Kiss me, James."
  "You got it, Blondie."
  Jack and Kate at the concert. Doesn't quite trigger Jack, but I thought Kate's,"I missed you soo much." line was fantastic.
   Ben: I'm very sorry for what I did to you, John. I was selfish, jealous. I wanted everything you had."
  John: If it helps, I forgive you."
  I thought it was interesting that Ben didn't go in with the rest of them. I presume he wanted to work through some things with Alex and Rousseau. I liked his moment with Hurley.
  Kate brings jack to the church, and Jack goes to see his father's body. He touches the coffin, and that is his final trigger, and he has a conversation with his Father where he realizes that he is dead. that they are all dead, but that they have all died at different times, and the "sideways" world was something that they created together so that they could find each other after they died,because they were all important to each other. "Nobody does it alone. You needed all of them, and they needed you."
  It was time for them to move on. Jack goes in to see them all. Christian opens the door. They all see a light.
  back on the Island, we see jack wander back to where it all began, where he landed after the crash. He lies down, he sees the plane take off, so he knows his friends are safe. Vincent lies down with him, and we see his eye close....LOST.

  Wow.It moved me. It's corny, but it's the truth. I don't know that I really knew how much I cared about these characters until this episode, but i found myself really moved by them rediscovering each other, and remembering all they had been through. I like the idea of that.I don't know if it's just because I have lost a couple of people close to me in the last few years, but that concept hit me very hard. I thought it was a great explanation for the sideways reality.

  I know I have more to say, but i want to get this posted, because I want to hear what you guys have to say.
  What did y'all think? What did I miss?

No comments: