Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lost 5.15-Follow The Leader

Wow. Quite a bit to digest from last night's episode.Has Locke gone loco? Or do you trust what he's planning to do ? Do you think that killing Jacob is somehow the "right" thing to do ? It does seem that someone has Jacob trapped in that cabin. And he did say "Help me" to Locke. Either way,Ii thought Locke(and more importantly, Terry O'Quinn) was really good tonight. "I have a purpose now." "I'm not afraid of anything you can do anymore, Ben". "The island told me."
The only troubling aspect is Locke lying to Sun. That was unsettling. Unless he wasn't actually lying. Very interesting developments. It was nice to see Ben get back to his manipulative ways, telling Locke about Richard's concerns.
And what is the deal with Richard and Ben and Jacob ? I think Locke might be right, I don't think Ben ever saw Jacob.Has Richard ? I loved Ben and Richard's exchange :"I think Locke may be a problem" 'Why do you think i tried to kill him ?"
Also interesting to see Sawyer once again dive headlong into self-interest.I do wonder how Kate and Sawyer and Juliet end up back on the island(it's pretty clear from the promos for next week's season finale that they do). Do you think that they get white lighted out of the sub, because they are still supposed to be on the island ? Or do they decide to get off the sub and go back? And how exactly would they pull that off ?

Did anyone else kinda hope that Sayid would shoot Kate when she told him that she and Sawyer saved Ben ? I kinda did.She has basically tortured jack for 3 years, and she doesn't get why he might want to try and avoid that, along with saving a couple of hundred lives ? And when she can't manipulate jack, she goes and plops herself down between Sawyer and Juliet(not that I'm any big fan of theirs either, but still). I think the reason Kate doesn't want Jack to keep the plane from crashing was that the plane crash(never mind the casualties), actually worked in Kate's favor. If the plane doesn't crash, she goes to jail. I know that's oversimplifying a bit, but that's at the heart of it, and I think I would like it better if she had the guts to just say that.

How good was it to see Sayid again ?I think he might actually be my favorite character. he does what he needs to do. I also loved his line about what Jack was doing that even if it didn't work it would "put us out of our misery."

I cannot help but feel that Ellie may be playing Jack. If she remembered Daniel from when they buried the bomb, why did she shoot him ? I would think she might have recognized him, even from behind. I don't totally trust her. Though she did seem shocked when she saw her handwriting in the journal. I'm just so confused !!

It was nice to see Miles get a little insight into why his dad sent he and his Mom away so harshly.

Thought the exchange between Hurley and Dr. Chang was pretty priceless. Especially Jin's face when Hurley says there was no such thing as the Korean war. Is Hurley supposed to be some sort of statement on the state of our public schools ? Doesn't know who the President was in 1977, thinks the Korean war didn't happen.

Loved when Ben said that Richard had been an advisor for a really,really,really long time.

Anyone else gonna be pretty excited when Dharma Phil finally gets his ? I'm also hoping that they will change history and we'll get to see Radzinsky die, too. As much as i dislike sawyer, i thought the whole interrogation was a bit over the top.

I almost completely forgot about Richard saying that he saw Jack, Kate, et al "all die". How crazy was that ? And was he being truthful ? We don't really have a line on how untruthful/manipulative Ricihard can be, do we ? I think he's playing some angle, I just don't know what it is.
 
  Next Wednesday cannot come soon enough!

No comments: