Monday, May 11, 2009

Lost- What's Gonna Happen ?

I don't think there are any HUGE spoilers in here, but I do mention some stuff that happened in the last few episodes, so if you have not seen them yet, don't go on.








I have been thinking about this a lot since Wednesday night. Just what the hell is gonna happen on that damn island ? What's gonna happen in 1977 ? What's gonna happen in 2007 ? How will one affect the other ? It makes my head spin.

  But that doesn't mean it's not fun. Here is what I think I'm thinking is going to happen in the season finale next week, and beyond.

  First of all, I do not think that exploding Jughead is going to keep Oceanic Flight 815 from crashing. In fact, just as I was deciding to write this, I had a thought...What if Eloise Hawking from 2007 is manipulating the detonation of Jughead so that the people who were on the Ajira flight(Ilana and Graham, et al) cannot find it and use it in the "war for the island" that is coming ? I have not had a lot of time to fully realize that thought, but I figured I would toss it out there.

  Think that whatever Jack does with the bomb in the season finale is going to shuttle Jack and Kate and Sawyer and Hurley and Juliet and Sayid and whomever else(or at least those that survive) BACK to 2007, so that they can participate in this battle for the island.

  On the Locke front...I can't decide whether I think he is good or evil. I think he is probably still good. Thought it was weird to find out that Locke himself was the one who told Richard to tell him that he had to die in order to bring everyone back to the island. But I guess it all comes down to what you think he meant when he said he was going to "kill Jacob". Does he think he can set Jacob free by killing him( Jacob did say "help me" to John when John was in the cabin the first time,and there has never been an explanation for the grey dust encircling the ground outside the cabin- i still think Jacob is imprisoned in that cabin...But why ?) ? Does he think that he can seize complete control by killing Jacob ? Or did he simply tell Ben that he was going to kill Jacob so that Ben would tell Richard ?

  I am finding it hard to believe that after all he has been through, NOW Locke would be evil. Unless he's not really John Locke anymore, and instead the embodiment of some malevolent spirit. My guess is that if he does plan to kill Jacob, then he believes it is the right thing to do for the good of the island. And what is good for the island is good for those that "belong" on the island.

  I am of a kind that Ilana, Graham, et al are either the children of the Dharma Initiative, or they have simply reformed the Dharma Initiative, or both, and they have come back to avenge the deaths of their loved ones, and reclaim the island. I think that the battle for the island will be the final season.

 there, that's what I think...I think.

  What do you think ?

No comments: