Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Will Ferrell- SNL- Goodnight Saigon

Wait, it's not about LOST ? What the fuck, man ?

I TiVO SNL every Saturday(that it's new) and I watch it usually sometime on Sunday. I like this because lately, I can usually watch it in about 20- 25 minutes...If I like the band, maybe 30 minutes. When Will Ferrell hosted on Saturday, I actually watched the whole thing...And found most of it funny. I was pretty surprised.
  They did a Celebrity Jeopardy where Tom Hanks played himself as an imbecile, and Norm MacDonald showed up as Burt Reynolds halfway through and left before it ended.
  There was a very odd sketch at a funeral where a long line of people(including Maya Rudolph) came up and made stranger and stranger announcements, which I found very funny.
   The lovely and talented Amy Poehler returned to do Weekend Update with Seth Meyers.

  And then there was the Final Sketch, which I  think just needs to be seen:



 It's just brilliant and surreal and odd, and full of random cameos, and then, I think the fact that it was all a distraction so the Will Ferrell character did not have to pay his tab just capped it perfectly.
  Alright, I think I'm gonna watch it again.

No comments: