Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lost 6.04 The Substitute

Spoiler alert, blah,.blah.blah...Don't read until you've seen the episode!!

Well, things certainly got a little more interesting last night, didn't they ?

Finally, we get a Locke/Not-Locke story.
  We see John return home from the airport in the Alternate Reality- he's still with Helen. He doesn't seem as angry as he was in the other time line( he took the face plant onto the lawn and the sprinklers coming on pretty well, I thought).There were still flashes of the other reality Locke, but he was definitely different.Happier, in general, but still a bit troubled.He also still has  relationship with his Dad, apparently...Why is he in the wheelchair, then? Did he reconcile with his Dad after his dad threw him out a window ?
  Then he gets fired, runs into Hurley, who offers him another job at his temp agency, where he runs into the psychic that Hurley's Dad paid to "exorcise" Hurley in the original reality, and then to Rose, who is her fantastic, matter of fact self with Locke...And THEN, he runs into BEN LINUS-high school teacher ? WHAT?!?!?!?!? I totally did not see that coming! I thought he was going to run into Dr. Arzt, but BEN!?!?!?!? That was just craziness! I did like when Helen was asking what the odds of running into a spinal surgeon were.
  I also think that last night Rose solidified her place as one of my favorite characters on the show. She's just so no-nonsense and awesome. I lover her!
  Now, on the ISLAND-We get to see things from Smokey's perspective, that was pretty cool. I thought the conversation between Not-Locke and Richard Alpert was pretty interesting. Its' hard to tell whether he is telling the truth, lying, or whether he's lying but he believes what he's saying, when he portrays Jacob as the bad guy in all of this.Richard is certainly terrified of Not-Locke.He didn't buy "I would have treated you with respect.", that's for sure. he also mentioned Locke as a "candidate", but more about that later.And who was the kid that Not-Locke & Sawyer saw but Richard didn't ? Or was Richard just trying to freak Not-Locke out ? My gut reaction is that the kid is Jacob reincarnated somehow...But then that just seems crazy when I write it down.
   I thought the Not-Locke/Sawyer interaction was pretty interesting. I particularly liked when Sawyer said"Locke was scared, even when he was pretending he wasn't." At first I thought Not-Locke was going to try and engineer an accident that kills Sawyer, but now it seems like he wants to use him to get off the island.I'm wondering how much Sawyer believes/trusts Not-Locke, he seems like he should be a bit smarter than that, so I wonder if he's working an angle.
  And that brings us to the cave, and a partial explanation of why they are on the island, and of the numbers.
   4-Locke
   8-Reyes
  15-Ford
  16-Jarrah
  23-Shephard
  42-Kwon(which one?)

 I also noticed Rousseau's name on the wall, but her number was 20. And then the big question(or one of them anyway)- Where was Kate's number ? And Why didn't Sawyer ask about that ?
   Not-Locke says that they are candidates to take over as protectors of the Island. But from what? Not-Locke says from nothing, but I don't know that we are meant to believe him.


  Okay, I'm tired...That's what I got so far. What do y'all think ? What did I miss ?

No comments: