Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LOST Episode 6.9: Ab Aeterno

Spoiler blah blah blah.....







So, we finally know the back story of one Mr. Richard Alpert. And I for one, am not disappointed.This was a great episode, and it did answer some questions, and raised some others.


  I have to admit, when the MIB first came and spoke to Richard, he almost had me convinced that Jacob WAS the Devil. He was very persuasive. I like how he waited until Richard was almost dead to come and see him, waiting until he was at his most vulnerable. then telling Richard what he wants to hear, and then offering Richard a reunion with his wife in exchange for "killing the devil".

So, what did we actually learn?

  It seems that the Island is a sort of prison for the MIB. Did I read the bottle metaphor correctly there?
    Are we to believe that the MIB is Evil Incarnate, then? I'm guessing by Hurley's last line that we are to believe just that.

  The MIB will promise anyone anything to get what he wants.He can and will lie.

  The MIB thinks that everyone is evil by nature and corruptable. Jacob brings people to the Island to prove him wrong.

  We now know how the statue was destroyed.

  Only people who were invited could enter the Jacob's spot under the statue.

  Interesting to see Jacob change whatever his previous strategy was when he realizes that the MIB now intends to kill him. He "hires" Richard to speak on his behalf.


 I thought this was a great episode.I thought Nestor Carbonell was fantastic. the little giggle he gave when they asked him what to do next was great, and my heart was breaking at the end when he was talking to Isabella.I was quite worried that he was going to go to "The Dark Side", and that would have bummed me out.

  I cannot believe there are only 8 episodes left.

No comments: