Wednesday, April 7, 2010

LOST 6.11:"Happily Ever After"

Spoiler Alert.......Blah....Blah....Blah....Blah.....Blah....blah.......



Wow, I think maybe I'm just too dumb for LOST.Last night's episode is the first one in awhile that I feel i need to watch again to figure out exactly what I was supposed to get from it. I kinda feel like the show itself right now, part of me thinks he knows what was revealed last night, and then my alternate reality doesn't quite get it...Or maybe it's vice versa. I don't know...Or do I? No, I definitely don't...Or do I? Nope, still pretty sure I don't.

  Now, don't get me wrong, I loved last night's episode(even though Charlie was in it), I'm just not sure that I fully grasp what Desmond seemed to grasp.

  But let's see....Based on Daniel WIDMORE'S statements to Desmond, when Jughead was set off on the Island, this reality(what we see as the "alternate" or sideways reality) was created.And according to Daniel, it "shouldn't be".
  And now, some people are having these "visions" of what went on in the other reality...Charlie saw a vision of Claire(I'm guesssing), Daniel felt like he already knew Charlotte, and Desmond saw the freakiest thing of all, he saw Charlie's death and Charlie's warning about the folks on the freighter. Presumably, the other Losties have had these same moments, they just are not sure what they are yet.

  Mrs. Widmore(Eloise) seemed all too aware of all of this, and doesn't seem to want this reality disturbed(presumably because Daniel is still alive?), or does she just want to keep Desmond away from Penny?

Now, on the Island, we learn that Desmond is there because he survived a "catastrophic electromagnetic event", and Widmore needs him to do that again(or two more times, if you include the test from last night). I'm guessing that Desmond is going to be called upon to lure and trap the MIB inside that chamber, and that will either be the way to re trap the MIB or destroy him.

  I'm not sure I understand why he was so willing to follow Sayid, though. He seemed almost like he was in a trance, didn't he? I'm note sure I get why that is. Is he just completely surrendering to fate? whatever happens, happens? I'll be curious to see if Locke has a use for him, or if he just wants to keep him away from Widmore, or have him killed.

  I don't know about you, but i was pretty freaked out(in a GREAT way) when Desmond saw NOT PENNYS BOAT on Charlie's hand. I think I might have gasped. VERY cool.

  Loved seeing Eloise and Daniel again.

 Loved some of the phrasing, Eloise saying"It's about TIME".

  Desmond asking Charlie: "Is none of this real?"

  "Always a choice, brother"

  the MRI guy giving Desomd "The BUTTON". Ha!!

  Widmore sharing the good Scotch with Desmond.

  The other line I thought was potentially very revealing was Mrs. Widmore saying(and I'm paraphrasing, my note taking was off it's game last night) to Desomnd in the A/R:" You finally attained what you always wanted, my husband's approval." isd that a glimpse into what the A/R reality is providing our "heroes" with?

  I think that's all I got...What did I miss ? What did you guys think?



 

No comments: