Friday, May 16, 2008

LOST...

ATTENTION: POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERTS !!! I AM GOING TO POTENTIALLY TALK ABOUT ALL THE EPISODES OF LOST, UP TO AND INCLUDING LAST NIGHT'S. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !




Okay, I am an unabashed and unashamed devotee of LOST.


I love this show.Love it.Love it. Love it. Love it. I even loved the much maligned second season. I guess I always had faith that the creators had already written an ending, so that it was not actually off the rails. Perhaps it was, but I was still enjoying it. I'll admit that I did not love the Nikki/Paolo episode, but I was not as horrified by it as some others were.

I will also freely admit that there are many fans of LOST who are much more devoted/obsessed than I am(Twin two year olds will tend to split your focus a bit), and I am, quite simply, also not smart enough to catch all of the references(particularly the literary ones), but I do scan some of the websites and blogs that are dedicated to the show, and I do visit Nikki over at Nik At Nite
every Friday morning to see what her take on the show was, and maybe throw in an opinion/theory or two if I feel particularly bold.

Onto last night's episode "There's No Place Like Home, Part 1", which was the first hour of the three hour season finale(hence the Part 1-duh), and was kinda light on action, as I think it was mostly setting up the two hour conclusion of the season finale which is in two weeks(jerky Grey's Anatomy!).

It did include the Oceanic Six finally being returned to civilisation. Which was exciting, but kind of anti-climactic, since we all knew they were going to get there anyway.

What I AM curious about, is who came up with the lie they are telling ? Was it them ? was it Oceanic Airlines ? What of the rescue is true ? Did they leave the island on the small rescue boat from the freighter ?

And my mind is still buzzing with what exactly "moving the island" means/entails.

And who/what is trying to drive Hurley crazy ? is it Abbadon ? the Island ?

I am bummed that it seems that Jin is really going to die. I was hoping that maybe he was just left on the island, and they had to say he was dead. But Sun's anger last night seemed fairly genuine, and I pity whoever the OTHER person she thinks is responsible for his death is, they are in for some pain, I think, as is her Dad.

What is Ben's plan ? I have this feeling that Ben has been manipulating Locke the WHOLE TIME. I almost think that he DID know that Locke wouldn't die when he shot him and left him in the ditch. Ben seems to actually be in control of just about EVERYTHING(minus the killing of Alex-I think he was legitimately surprised and saddened by that.) Is it bad that I am starting to sort of like/appreciate Ben ? I'm guessing it is.

Who rigged the C4 in the boat ? Was it Keamy, to make sure they couldn't leave without him ?

I'm gonna be kinda pissed if the kill Desmond.

I think that's all I got for now. Anything you want to add ?

UPDATE:
I totally forgot about Farraday knowing about the Orchid Station ! How did he know that ? Does Keamy intend to use the Orchid to "torch the island", much the same way that Ben/Locke intend to use it to move the island ? Farraday definitely knew that nothing good comes from the Orchid.

I also forgot to mention that I receive these updates from Entertainment Weekly magazine from their resident LOST guy Jeff Jensen. he's usually got some interesting(and sometimes some waaaay out) stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that maybe Farraday knows about the Orchid from a time-traveling episode (he did read about it in his magic notebook, after all). Hmmm...

We watch every episode at least three times - on Thursday night, again online (usually the next day), and the the following week online once it's available "enhanced". I'm pretty obsessed.

I don't want Jin to die. He is my favorite character. And I really don't want Sawyer to die. He is also my favorite. Kate I could do without. Drat.

Paticus said...

elizabeth- Yeah, i think you're right about Farraday. i can't figure out how much he knows about what he's done. Is he completely aware that he's traveled through time ?
I'm with you on Jin. I've never much cared for Sawyer, myself. Kate is okay. My favorite I think was Lbby. I was REALLY bummed when Michael shot her.

Anonymous said...

Libby was awesome. That actress used to be on Guiding Light years ago (I watched Guiding Light from kindergarten through high school, and you would be amazed how many people acted on that show...)